|Leader||Executive President Devoy|
The Mega Corporation of Gifty is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Executive President Devoy with an iron fist, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, compulsory military service, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 4.232 billion Giftyians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Industry are also considered important, while Welfare and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Prima Gifta. The average income tax rate is 45.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Giftyian economy, worth 669 trillion Union Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 158,283 Union Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Stews often contain used tissues and pocket fluff, the nation's police officers are famously miserable-looking, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public, and the government considers it a sacred duty to video bikini-clad beach swimmers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gifty's national animal is the Ornithopter, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gifty voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Following new legislation in Gifty, the government considers it a sacred duty to video bikini-clad beach swimmers.
- : Following new legislation in Gifty, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public.
- : Following new legislation in Gifty, the nation's police officers are famously miserable-looking.
- : Following new legislation in Gifty, stews often contain used tissues and pocket fluff.
- : Following new legislation in Gifty, "Surfin' MCG" is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in Gifty, cubicles often double as graves as citizens literally work themselves to death.
- : Following new legislation in Gifty, teenagers haven't been seen outdoors since the nation reconnected to the Internet.
- : Following new legislation in Gifty, blue sky thinkers are reminded that the firmament is actually more of a grey-ish colour.
- : Following new legislation in Gifty, Gifty's fine wines are renowned throughout the region.
Endorsements Received: 14 » Marvinville, Rushenberg, Besancia, World Trade, The Marconian State, German Moravia, The Bigtopia, Cerdenia, Uppenja, Wolventoft, Clarance, Brototh, ASEAN Nations, and Zermanny.