The Dictatorship of Glaco is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its compulsory military service, soft-spoken computers, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 529 million Glacoans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of PeppaPappega. The average income tax rate is 73.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Glacoan economy, worth 14.1 trillion coke caps a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 26,664 coke caps, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Vacationing Glacoans expect to be treated as royalty, the government has officially clarified that "wee on your hands to save time" does not count as proper hygiene, citizens wishing to be parents must undertake a series of gruelling tests to evaluate their capabilities, and cities in Glaco declare independence based on interpretation of the historic meaning of cave paintings. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Glaco's national animal is the black wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Glaco was endorsed by The Grand Vizier of Dragons Blood.
- : Glaco was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Glaco was endorsed by The Federal Republic of BuciLand.
- : Following new legislation in Glaco, cities in Glaco declare independence based on interpretation of the historic meaning of cave paintings.
- : Following new legislation in Glaco, citizens wishing to be parents must undertake a series of gruelling tests to evaluate their capabilities.
- : Following new legislation in Glaco, the government has officially clarified that "wee on your hands to save time" does not count as proper hygiene.
- : Glaco was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme.
- : Glaco was endorsed by The Parrot Excommunigate of Libertanny.
- : Glaco lodged a message on the The East Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Glaco changed its national capital to "PeppaPappega" and its motto to "Hippty hoppty you are my property".
Endorsements Received: 17 » The Three States of Fortuna, Liberstankonia, H-Zhena, Brotherland, VW53Aland, Staynes, Zukchiva, Asendavia, The Eternal Land of Jong, Oofery, Modra, Evrigenis, The Atlae Isles, Libertanny, BuciLand, A mean old man, and Dragons Blood.