|Leader||FACTION for Slowdown|
The Disputed Territories of Glaervin is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by FACTION for Slowdown with an even hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons, vat-grown people, and compulsory gun ownership. The compassionate, devout population of 2.067 billion Glaervinians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Healthcare, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Glaervinia. The average income tax rate is 70.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Glaervinian economy, worth 187 trillion perfect magnetites a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Tourism. Average income is 90,828 perfect magnetites, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, military funding has been stripped back, government officials are held to the highest standard of morality, and a popular saying is "a chicken for every pot and an abortion clinic on every street". Crime is totally unknown. Glaervin's national animal is the too short, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its national religion is occasionally lying.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Glaervin published ""We're entirely happy for less lawful couples to choose nonreproduction," Declares FACTION for Slowdown in Abortion Controversy" (Account: Other).
- : Following new legislation in Glaervin, a popular saying is "a chicken for every pot and an abortion clinic on every street".
- : Glaervin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Following new legislation in Glaervin, government officials are held to the highest standard of morality.
- : Glaervin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Following new legislation in Glaervin, military funding has been stripped back.
- : Following new legislation in Glaervin, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- : Glaervin's influence in Rain Falling In a Digital Void fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Glaervin was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Glaervin, hammer and sickle-wielding space marines are such stuff that dreams are made on.