The Republic of Gluponija is a huge, efficient nation, ruled by Blagojche Kostovski with an iron fist, and renowned for its triple-decker prams, avowedly heterosexual populace, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 815 million Gluponijans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pamtikurevo. The average income tax rate is 64.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Gluponijan economy, worth 82.1 trillion prcaloes a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 100,711 prcaloes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Reporters sent to cover suspected UFO visits come back with stories about quilting bees, school lessons are constantly interrupted by 'teacher needs a break' time, ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products, and Blagojche Kostovski has just been declared ruler of Gluponija in an international press conference. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gluponija's national animal is the donkey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gluponija changed its national leader to "Blagojche Kostovski".
- : Following new legislation in Gluponija, Blagojche Kostovski has just been declared ruler of Gluponija in an international press conference.
- : Following new legislation in Gluponija, ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products.
- : Following new legislation in Gluponija, school lessons are constantly interrupted by 'teacher needs a break' time.
- : Following new legislation in Gluponija, reporters sent to cover suspected UFO visits come back with stories about quilting bees.
- : Following new legislation in Gluponija, international war crimes are good for business and business is booming.
- : Gluponija voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Common Territories".
- : Gluponija voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Mutually assured destruction".
- : Gluponija was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Gluponija endorsed The Sleeping Land of Kangarawa.
Endorsements Received: 55 » Fedele, H-Zhena, A Slanted Black Stripe, Brotherland, Axdel, Todd McCloud, Wizardonia, Republic of Berzerkistan, Roissyland, Norport, La Isla Nueva, Blazing Samaritan, VW53Aland, The Empire of Rijelv, Ridann, Lyontisia, Survivoristan, Pulmonaria, Bachtendekuppen, Danesopia, Wiranath, Southern Yugoslavia, New Leganes, Ribanzi, Kyrloth, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Tim Stark, Hizuru, Aelitia, Thyaclinia, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, BearStackof2015, Davelands, Someseni, Marrico, Am Echad, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Stellar Colonies, Ravendi, TheRuthenians, The Angel of Charity, Pakitsk, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, The Holy Utopian Republic, Kilkire, Astroa, Aleister, Opossum Slayer, Kingdom of Pars, and 5 others.Greater Felter, Funkadelia, The United Neo American Union, Kangarawa, and Plazland.