The United Kingdom of Gluria is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its national health service, smutty television, and aversion to nipples. The compassionate, cynical, devout population of 459 million Glurians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vesburg. The average income tax rate is 63.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Glurian economy, worth 34.9 trillion dollars a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 76,047 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
What happens in court stays in court, baby boys who pick up pink crayons are sent to a psychiatric ward, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, and citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gluria's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gluria was endorsed by The Federal Republic of En Hassik.
- : Gluria was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Stromia.
- : Gluria was endorsed by The Republic of Zulrich.
- : Gluria was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Nuevo Europa.
- : Following new legislation in Gluria, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Gluria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Gluria, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- : Following new legislation in Gluria, baby boys who pick up pink crayons are sent to a psychiatric ward.
- : Following new legislation in Gluria, what happens in court stays in court.
- : Following new legislation in Gluria, the government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Saint Domingo, NorthPortugal, Meropis, Elisabethshagen, Shaor, Eco-Paris Reformation, The New Nordic Union, Rivierenland, Invernessia, The Champions League, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Sloburg, Irminsulia, Kanokla, The New Mexican Confederation, Trixeland, Destyntine, Thracia Republic, Yahlia, Valtrona, Republic of Satherland, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Regnum Italiae, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Turkenia, Jim the Baptist, St Scarlett, Walfo, Uzbek Khan, GanymedEuropa, Bareu, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Northern German Federation, Dark Matter, Apabeossie, Mynox, Enway, Nardin, Continental Social Democrats, Abject Ludicrosity, Ausvelt, North of Americas, Gliesetonia, Othenhiem, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, Stromia, and En Hassik.