The Holy Empire of Golira is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its avant-garde cinema, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 346 million Goliranians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 69.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Goliran economy, worth 12.9 trillion Bananas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 37,209 Bananas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth, drill sergeants yell in the ears of bespectacled nerds in cybermilitary "reboot camps", Scoutmasters debate whether luxury log cabins defeat the purpose of camping, and edutainment video games are taking Golira's students to the next level. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Golira's national animal is the Golira, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Golira was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Golira was endorsed by The Allied Republics of Northern Nivaria.
- : Golira was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Golira was endorsed by The Sovereign Commonwealth of Evertopia.
- : Following new legislation in Golira, edutainment video games are taking Golira's students to the next level.
- : Golira was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Anisopterra.
- : Golira's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Golira was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Golira, Scoutmasters debate whether luxury log cabins defeat the purpose of camping.
- : Following new legislation in Golira, drill sergeants yell in the ears of bespectacled nerds in cybermilitary "reboot camps".
Endorsements Received: 15 » KaldDalen, Kuriko, Wysrod, The Soylent Green Party, Randopian, Ignis Cinere, New Fania, Valentian Elysium, Tamsalin, Dustwind, The Republic of Osea, Anisopterra, Evertopia, Northern Nivaria, and Bortheria.