The Federation of Gormhuth is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Henry McBloom with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, pith helmet sales, and smutty television. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.417 billion Gormhuthians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Halbe. The average income tax rate is 51.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Gormhuthian economy, worth 142 trillion Gorms a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 100,514 Gorms, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Most ambassadors from Gormhuth retire only a few years after being appointed, coat closets are being re-branded as bedrooms, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit, and the nation's air force consists of strongly-worded letters folded into paper airplanes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Gormhuth's national animal is the Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Gormhuth, the nation's air force consists of strongly-worded letters folded into paper airplanes.
- : Following new legislation in Gormhuth, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit.
- : Gormhuth was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Gormhuth, coat closets are being re-branded as bedrooms.
- : Gormhuth was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Gormhuth, most ambassadors from Gormhuth retire only a few years after being appointed.
- : Gormhuth voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ending School Segregation".
- : Following new legislation in Gormhuth, truancy levels are on the rise ever since school registers were banned.
- : Following new legislation in Gormhuth, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes.
- : Gormhuth was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
Endorsements Received: 48 » VW53Aland, H-Zhena, Dragons Blood, Brotherland, Zukchiva, Libertanny, Bachtendekuppen, Todd McCloud, The Eternal Land of Jong, Dreamersistan, Tretrid, The Three States of Fortuna, Evrigenis, Liberstankonia, BuciLand, Mays Austrian Nation, A mean old man, Roissyland, East Malaysia, Ephem, Technocratic Tagalog, Modra, Kosmanza, Oofery, Kavanos, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Ridann, Staynes, A Slanted Black Stripe, New Amerindia, Wizardonia, Greater New Cassandra, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Unger under over, Adolanta, Gorbastan, Federated States of Zootron, ParaSymmetry, Andurand, Roliganistan, Asendavia, Rainbow Vests, Goodnamesarerare, Joundia, Dark Edgyness, Wiranath, and Flying Snow.