The Democratic Republic of Gray Wolfe is a huge, safe nation, notable for its rum-swilling pirates, compulsory military service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 395 million Gray Wolfeans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wülffe. The average income tax rate is 47.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Gray Wolfean economy, worth 25.5 trillion Wolfians a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Average income is 64,500 Wolfians, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, prison visits increase substantially during election years, and weird kids who eat bugs are breaking the law. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gray Wolfe's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Gray Wolfe, weird kids who eat bugs are breaking the law.
- : Following new legislation in Gray Wolfe, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- : Following new legislation in Gray Wolfe, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Following new legislation in Gray Wolfe, rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century.
- : Following new legislation in Gray Wolfe, the entire entry for Gray Wolfe in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless'.
- : Gray Wolfe voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Gray Wolfe was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Gray Wolfe, members of the government all have oddly similar anecdotes about their childhoods.
- : Following new legislation in Gray Wolfe, rugby players that knock each other over always stop to make sure the other fellow is okay.
- : Following new legislation in Gray Wolfe, the nation was recently voted "most likely to betray its allies".
Endorsements Received: 126 » Koda-Land, Kranostav, Notyoutopia, Plutayah, Newpromisedland, Daiz, The Rhein States, Castle Federation, Territorio di Nessuno, Shibutani, Hamerica, Serendipita Martia, New Lakemba, Former English Colony, Prydania, Orado, Empy, Zzozona, Yaorozu, Noahs Second Country, Guer Aike, The Tampa Bay Rays, Zumlandia, El Fiji Grande, Brucklania, The Calabash Protectorate, Arbor Marshes, Yokciq Empire, 1 very fast endotarter, Ihese, Omnistria, Ethnon, Shinjuku tokyo 0, Valhalla123, Dabarastan, Fauzjhia, Interdimensional Zone, Libertania Democratica, Dreadton, Siwale, Mesopotama, Pazair, Sundred, Seanat, Hoglands, Fluffy Noodles, Frances Francis the First of France, Saperisole, Fendlium, Seenvorland, and 76 others.McMasterdonia, Sikol, Aeolist, Eri-Maqa-Ena, The Iron Lions, North Bratislava, Dar es Saalam, Pallaith, Valentine Z, Corfad, Westinor, Wineclaw, Sunto, Great Bights Mum, Arichia, Joodey, Schnuftelland, Xagill, Zeternia, Lux Conos, Selfgradatude, Praeceps, Clan Spaniel, Nouvelle-Floride, The Pantheons, Luffy Senpai, Damsmel, Highton Islands, Borsukia, PotatoFarmers, Kocherian, New Jamgra, Unimaginable Doom, Fracie, Terban Kedah, Malta Comino Gozo, The New Cordian Empire, U S Eh, Loutsland, Principia Mathematica, Wilkshire, Pokemanland, Lionia, Abject Ludicrosity, Libertia-Conaxia, Confederacy of Antarctica, Xyrron, Valshire, Nistriabar, Madjack, Ravendi, Sil Dorsett, Eschatosia, Ihsan, Kragsgale, Simone Republic, Xipher, Alienage, Astal Aavors, Amerian States, Illusia and Neverendia, United Kahndaq, Buckhem, Ultra777, Free Lives, Orogonia, Eastern Cous Empria, WeKnow, Andexia, Moubarakistan, Solskjar, Napnomadia, Shadowrik, Basedania, Aoncarpa, and Neu-Galicia.