The Empire of Great Cane is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, digital currency, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 573 million Canish are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bourge. The average income tax rate is 41.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Canish economy, worth 64.1 trillion Cane Coins a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 111,804 Cane Coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
Popular cartoon characters frequently appear in government-sponsored PSAs reminding students to say no to drugs, Super Barry Brothers is the most popular video game in the nation, mall countdown clocks warn that there are only 364 more shopping days until Maxxmas, and political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Great Cane's national animal is the Gold Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Great Cane, political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions.
- : Following new legislation in Great Cane, mall countdown clocks warn that there are only 364 more shopping days until Maxxmas.
- : Following new legislation in Great Cane, Super Barry Brothers is the most popular video game in the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Great Cane, popular cartoon characters frequently appear in government-sponsored PSAs reminding students to say no to drugs.
- : Great Cane was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of The Axis of Death.
- : Great Cane was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations and Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Great Cane altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Great Cane, army uniforms are replaced en masse to accommodate adult soldiers.
- : Following new legislation in Great Cane, rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century.
- : Great Cane was endorsed by The People's Republic of Sloburg.
Endorsements Received: 63 » The Seven Provinces, Savinecross, Walfo, Meropis, The Champions League, Destyntine, Saint Domingo, Yahlia, Invernessia, Ausvelt, Northern German Federation, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Dark Matter, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, St Scarlett, The New Mexican Confederation, Irminsulia, Dorenstad, NorthPortugal, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Rivierenland, North of Americas, Jim the Baptist, Thracia Republic, Wombelland, The New Nordic Union, Ashckar, Abject Ludicrosity, Shaor, Imperium Anglorum, GanymedEuropa, Viktorias, Outer Sparta, Republic of Satherland, Regnum Italiae, Leranditale, Enway, Someseni, Kanokla, Trixeland, The Young Ur, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Eski, Asparagusia, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Corosky, Nuweland, Nardin, and 13 others.Greater Dragunovia, Valtrona, Parliamentary Laramidia, Slavonia and Srijem, Othenhiem, Brakanistan, Ivernia, Nuevo Europa, Gliesetonia, Zulrich, En Hassik, Sloburg, and The Axis of Death.