The Rogue Nation of Greysoria is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 202 million Greysorians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 64.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Greysorian economy, worth 11.7 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, Automobile Manufacturing, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 57,921 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Frightened witnesses and seriously ill jurors wear the same handcuffs as the defendant, party-lovers often change religions just for the weekend, contestants on Greysoria's Got Talent are screened by the government to make sure that they actually have talent, and radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Greysoria's national animal is the Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Greysoria's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Following new legislation in Greysoria, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- : Following new legislation in Greysoria, contestants on Greysoria's Got Talent are screened by the government to make sure that they actually have talent.
- : Following new legislation in Greysoria, party-lovers often change religions just for the weekend.
- : Following new legislation in Greysoria, frightened witnesses and seriously ill jurors wear the same handcuffs as the defendant.
- : Following new legislation in Greysoria, the nation is renowned abroad for its love of blood and guts.
- : Greysoria was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Greysoria, the public are free to vote for whomever the government wants in office.
- : Greysoria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Greysoria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
Endorsements Received: 54 » Maerist, Corgitopiaa, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Marinho Islands, Concrete Slab, Auphelia, Beblahbleblo, Qvait, Erinor, Canmore, Tsunamy, LadyRebels, Yeses, Drystar, Beepee, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Ebonhand, Nowa Europa, Bleakfoot, Holota, Bawkie, JavaSiege, Treir, Rebel-topia, Westenhald, Tepertopia, Wehraboos, Volaworand, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Amerion, Bartonia Nova, Solanosco, Galebland, Kiani, Danily, Belschaft, Ipugao, Aumeltopia, Esfalsa, Jehenna, Crystal Creation, Holy Free, Vicken, PenguinPies, The Kies, Great Marsinia, Purple Hyacinth, The American Anarchist Empire, New Sanet, and 4 others.Nyxonia, Anatasha, Northern Estrian Islands, and Osheiga.