The Monarchy of Guslantis is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by King Marcus with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, prohibition of alcohol, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, devout population of 16.054 billion Guslants are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pigletville. The average income tax rate is 91.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Guslant economy, worth a remarkable 1,370 trillion Guslates a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly made up of the Tourism industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 85,361 Guslates, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept, fruit pickers with degrees in Guinea Pig psychology are a common sight, the government has an entire department dedicated to staring at microscopes and writing down letters, and collisions between bicycles and carnival floats are on the rise. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Guslantis's national animal is the Guinea Pig, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Messianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Guslantis's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Guslantis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Guslantis relocated from Balder to The North Pacific.
- : Guslantis's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Guslantis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Guslantis's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Guslantis was refounded in Balder.
- : Guslantis ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Guslantis was endorsed by The Kingdom of Nimarya.
- : Guslantis was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Dakota Territories.