The Empire of Habsburg-Lorriane is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Lex Luthor with an iron fist, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, compulsory military service, and feral children. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 1.252 billion Habsburg-Lorrianeans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Petersburg. The average income tax rate is 69.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Habsburg-Lorrianean economy, worth 144 trillion Pound Sterlings a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 115,260 Pound Sterlings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
The government loves seeing the little people fight, the well-to-do in The East Pacific are never on time for important appointments, retail stores are known for creating their own oddly-similar holidays in the months preceding any major festivity, and stealing from a clothesline is a serious offence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Habsburg-Lorriane's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Habsburg-Lorriane was endorsed by The Republic of Coruh.
- : Habsburg-Lorriane was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Habsburg-Lorriane was endorsed by The United States of Filipopol.
- : Habsburg-Lorriane was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Habsburg-Lorriane, stealing from a clothesline is a serious offence.
- : Following new legislation in Habsburg-Lorriane, retail stores are known for creating their own oddly-similar holidays in the months preceding any major festivity.
- : Following new legislation in Habsburg-Lorriane, the well-to-do in The East Pacific are never on time for important appointments.
- : Following new legislation in Habsburg-Lorriane, the government loves seeing the little people fight.
- : Following new legislation in Habsburg-Lorriane, the institution of marriage is held sacred and strictly enforced.
- : Habsburg-Lorriane was endorsed by The Federal Republic of BuciLand.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Marrabuk, Wiranath, La xinga, VW53Aland, Am Echad, Eagas, H-Zhena, Ridann, Brotherland, BearStackof2015, Evrigenis, Liberstankonia, Kangarawa, Asendavia, Someseni, Stellar Colonies, Republic of Berzerkistan, Rhealaliit, Drunken Seal Islands, Kilkire, Rainbow Vests, Roliganistan, Harro Waarudho, Davinhia, A Slanted Black Stripe, Trimmania, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Akorial, Socialist Holy American Empire, Axdel, The Solar Ottomans, Federated States of Zootron, The Soviet Space Commie Union, The United Asian Republics, Freedom Fascists, Goodnamesarerare, Sansangra, Dragons Blood, Seri Tai Republic, Merlovich, Enlil, Zukchiva, Great Algerstonia, Rage Mage, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Pekweng, Pakitsk, The Romanum Legio, Modra, Libertanny, and 20 others.Greater New Cassandra, Schrebia, The Eternal Land of Jong, Enou, Ripsylvania, Staynes, Tretrid, The Three States of Fortuna, Peoples Republic of GG, Aivintis, Virgoliaendorses, Oofery, Technocratic Tagalog, Servants of Gizmo, Mays Austrian Nation, The Atlae Isles, BuciLand, Filipopol, A mean old man, and Coruh.