The Democratic Republic of Haidya is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Coochie with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, lack of airports, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 1.063 billion Haidyans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kamiya. The average income tax rate is 78.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Haidyan economy, worth 60.6 trillion Ganians a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, highly specialized black market in Information Technology and Cheese Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 56,980 Ganians, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Every street in the nation contains at least three law firms, political satirists and late night comedians weep as the government begins cleaning up its act, the news is showing footage of Coochie bullying an old man to the point of tears, and Coochie has just been declared ruler of Haidya in an international press conference. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Haidya's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Haidya was endorsed by The Disconcerting Deputy of Flying Snow.
- : Haidya was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Haidya was endorsed by The Vizier of Asendavia.
- : Haidya lost the endorsement of The Vizier of Asendavia.
- : Haidya was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Haidya changed its national capital to "Kamiya" and its leader to "Coochie".
- : Following new legislation in Haidya, Coochie has just been declared ruler of Haidya in an international press conference.
- : Following new legislation in Haidya, the news is showing footage of Coochie bullying an old man to the point of tears.
- : Following new legislation in Haidya, political satirists and late night comedians weep as the government begins cleaning up its act.
- : Following new legislation in Haidya, every street in the nation contains at least three law firms.
Endorsements Received: 27 » Marrabuk, VW53Aland, H-Zhena, Liberstankonia, Zukchiva, Brotherland, Evrigenis, Libertanny, Ridann, Axdel, Dragons Blood, Bachtendekuppen, Todd McCloud, The Eternal Land of Jong, Litodor, Tretrid, The Three States of Fortuna, BuciLand, A mean old man, Mays Austrian Nation, Ephem, Modra, Oofery, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Asendavia, and Flying Snow.