|Leader||Emperor Telrev I|
The Eternal Empire of Halsaw is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Emperor Telrev I with an iron fist, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, public floggings, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 14.202 billion Halsawians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Law & Order and Spirituality also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Halsaw City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 40.9%.
The powerhouse Halsawian economy, worth a remarkable 1,606 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 113,128 dollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 451,645 per year while the poor average 19,055, a ratio of 23.7 to 1.
Squeaky high prepubescent voices recite the patriotic poem "Hail to The Leader!" before each meal, funeral directors are frequently looking at their watches during funerals, Halsaw has become a gigantic dustbowl filled with tourists and mean desperados, and newspapers print only headlines. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Halsaw's national animal is the bald eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Halsaw's influence in Right to Life rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Halsaw's influence in Right to Life rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Halsaw's influence in Right to Life rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Halsaw's influence in Right to Life rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Halsaw's influence in Right to Life rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Halsaw relocated from United Nations and Planets to Right to Life.
- : Halsaw's influence in United Nations and Planets rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Halsaw's influence in United Nations and Planets rose from "Zero" to "Power".
- : Halsaw relocated from The Commonwealth Of The Argimin to United Nations and Planets.
- : Halsaw's influence in The Commonwealth Of The Argimin rose from "Page" to "Squire".