|Animal||Great Horned Owl|
The Great University of Harlack Mensa is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its rampant corporate plagiarism, public floggings, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic population of 27.295 billion Scholars love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. The average income tax rate is 79.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Scholastic economy, worth 819 trillion tassles a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 30,010 tassles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A government program is underway to revitalize Harlack Mensa's beaches, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, radio stations are forbidden to play anything with too much drum or bass, and the nation has an international reputation for compassion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Harlack Mensa's national animal is the Great Horned Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Harlack Mensa altered its national flag.
- : Harlack Mensa was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Dead, the Top 5% for Most Zombified, and the Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Harlack Mensa was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Zombies and the Top 10% for Most Survivors and Most Zombified.
- : Harlack Mensa's influence in Greater Harlack rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Harlack Mensa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather and Healthiest Citizens.
- : Harlack Mensa relocated from Osiris to Greater Harlack.
- : Harlack Mensa founded the region Greater Harlack.
- : Harlack Mensa was refounded in Osiris.
- : Harlack Mensa ceased to exist in Greater Harlack.
- : Harlack Mensa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.