The Mighty War Machine of Harperians is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Mr Harp with an even hand, and remarkable for its parental licensing program, anti-smoking policies, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 21.733 billion Harpers have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shanty Town. The average income tax rate is 95.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Harper economy, worth a remarkable 3,039 trillion Harperers a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 139,875 Harperers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
The Fashion Channel can only be viewed on widescreen TVs, saying "don't do anything that Mr Harp wouldn't do" doesn't exclude a great deal, the weather report is the prisoners' favourite programme, and adverts depict men giving birth while cursing the women who got them into trouble. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Harperians's national animal is the Guitaroo, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Diddlydonk.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Harperians was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Harperians was endorsed by The Community of Islands of Czechia.
- : Harperians voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Apulita".
- : Harperians voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Regulating Desalination".
- : Harperians endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Waitiki.
- : Harperians was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Waitiki.
- : Harperians voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Iran"".
- : Harperians voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Language and Education Rights for Deaf Individuals".
- : Harperians was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Anisopterra.
- : Harperians was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Armatha.
Endorsements Received: 19 » Recon Island, Kuriko, Wysrod, Itic, Northern Nivaria, The Soylent Green Party, Valentian Elysium, Ehrgeizig, Krystalveil, Ignis Cinere, Evertopia, New Fania, Dustwind, Nogalacia, Armatha, Anisopterra, Waitiki, Islands of Czechia, and Bortheria.