|Leader||Grand Duchess Papi Xíhuitl V|
|Faith||The Harpy Church|
The Grand Duchy of Harpiatopia is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Grand Duchess Papi Xíhuitl V with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, pith helmet sales, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 2.998 billion Harpiatopians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Harpiatopia City. The average income tax rate is 49.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Harpiatopian economy, worth 293 trillion Harpiermarks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 97,909 Harpiermarks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Polygamy is legal, the dessert 'Death by Chocolate' isn't the most lethal dish on the menu, the government considers it a sacred duty to video bikini-clad beach swimmers, and tax-payers are funding ever more extravagant movie projects. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Harpiatopia's national animal is the Chicken, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Harpy Church.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Harpiatopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Harpiatopia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Harpiatopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Harpiatopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Harpiatopia's influence in The Broken Spine of the Sierra Madre rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- : Harpiatopia's influence in The Broken Spine of the Sierra Madre rose from "Dominator" to "Hegemony".
- : Harpiatopia changed the regional password in The Broken Spine of the Sierra Madre.
- : Harpiatopia password-protected The Broken Spine of the Sierra Madre.
- : Harpiatopia ejected and banned The Constitutional Monarchy of Not Frenchy 112 from The Broken Spine of the Sierra Madre.
- : Harpiatopia appointed Micko as Communications Officer with authority over Communications in The Broken Spine of the Sierra Madre.
Endorsements Received: None.