|Faith||The Church of Havenwelle|
The Grand Republic of Havenwelle is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Kevin Burke with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, infamous sell-swords, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 10.908 billion Havenwelleans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grand Haven. The average income tax rate is 40.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Havenwellean economy, worth a remarkable 2,113 trillion Havs a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 193,801 Havs, with the richest citizens earning 5.0 times as much as the poorest.
Business is adjusting to new gender equality policies in the workplace, there is a 'turn around' sign at every border entrance, colonists who were promised new lands find only war-torn devastation, and pallbearers at military funerals dive for cover when they hear the three-volley salute. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Havenwelle's national animal is the Brittany Spaniel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Church of Havenwelle.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, pallbearers at military funerals dive for cover when they hear the three-volley salute.
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, colonists who were promised new lands find only war-torn devastation.
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, there is a 'turn around' sign at every border entrance.
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, business is adjusting to new gender equality policies in the workplace.
- : Havenwelle was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Psychotic Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, anyone who sneezes at border crossings is turned away.
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, eminent domain has been abolished.
- : Havenwelle was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, the government is deliberately installing bloatware onto computers.
Endorsements Received: 77 » Raghallaigh, Avok Island, Le Libertia, Murden, Saarkon, Brickfield, Estanglia, Pirataria, Aexnidaral, Yugarritia, Utopian Earth, Elaeria, Ipsonasia, Agapetopia, New Peoples Empire, United Kingdoms of Redania, Serpahima, Greatnessity City, Almendron, Polgaria, Liberepublia, Purgitz, Poquaoi, Old Aweic Wirs, United-Marrshmallows, Acapais, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Arvigiel, Troph Evinia, Zakanda, Free Rosabell, Eloscape, Mancheseva City, South Eastern Centralia, Dat Countreh, Liveropolis, ROFLOLMAO LAND, Muertio, The Democratic Peoples, Bolger, Clialaad, Twilight Ways, Terra Potestatem, Volkovica, Vaioretta, Bellcon, Saarland-Niederbayern, Desrouleaux, Uniarq, North is Better, and 27 others.Mikkazuki, Damnlandia, Emastalia, Lethen, Salxeburg, Estingberg, Caffeinated, Zintibia, Illangdonall, Purple Ruthenia, Gulibia, Spirtannia, Ikheria, Tomaenia, Verteger, Thurston, Federal Republic of Respondia, Maowi, The United Peoples of Centrism, Malashaan Colony, Igueranel, Ajaccino, Darizaa, Deathfall, Zaeka, Cyberian States, and Kingdom of Stargard.