|Faith||The Church of Havenwelle|
The Grand Republic of Havenwelle is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Kevin Burke with an iron fist, and notable for its complete lack of prisons, frequent executions, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 12.59 billion Havenwelleans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grand Haven. The average income tax rate is 18.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Havenwellean economy, worth a remarkable 2,206 trillion Havs a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 175,228 Havs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property, gigantic marble churches take up almost half the land area of small villages, and the nation leads Europeia in per capita stalking. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Havenwelle's national animal is the Brittany Spaniel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Church of Havenwelle.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, the nation leads Europeia in per capita stalking.
- : Havenwelle endorsed The Technocratic Republic of Laudesia.
- : Havenwelle voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, gigantic marble churches take up almost half the land area of small villages.
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property.
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion.
- : Havenwelle was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Havenwelle was endorsed by The Technocratic Republic of Laudesia.
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, future forecasters fearfully discuss grey goo and human obsolescence.
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, police spend their Saturday nights breaking up illegal street races.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Raghallaigh, Le Libertia, Brickfield, Estanglia, Pirataria, Yugarritia, Utopian Earth, Ipsonasia, United Kingdoms of Redania, Greatnessity City, Almendron, Polgaria, Liberepublia, Poquaoi, Acapais, Arvigiel, Zakanda, Free Rosabell, Eloscape, Mancheseva City, Dat Countreh, Bolger, Terra Potestatem, Emastalia, Lethen, Caffeinated, Purple Ruthenia, Thurston, Ajaccino, Kingdom of Stargard, West Wirral, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Katkasistan, Andradus, Tassaland, Primorye Oblast, Penlopa, Sablania, New France Republic, Corovos, Pygania, P0ptr0pica, Geektopia, Ganud, The Democratic Peoples, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Baobab-Bumbaria, Elwin, Cyberpunk, Illyrda, and 9 others.Romanengo City, Euramericasia, The Lost Men, Lurinsk, Disney Know it Alls, Ecolaria, Euperis, Akeland, and Laudesia.