The Cool christian kingdom of Hellinicia is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, aversion to nipples, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 669 million Hellinicians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of athens. The average income tax rate is 72.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Hellinician economy, worth 74.2 trillion drachmas a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Arms Manufacturing, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 110,942 drachmas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Workers of "fairweather faith" claim six months of paid leave for holy days per year, school children are forced to sing the national anthem every morning, the voyages of obsolete star-trekking satellites on deliberate escape orbits are only just beginning, and the nation's once beautiful countryside has turned brown as farmers spray potent pesticides. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hellinicia's national animal is the Zeus eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Hellinicia, the nation's once beautiful countryside has turned brown as farmers spray potent pesticides.
- : Following new legislation in Hellinicia, the voyages of obsolete star-trekking satellites on deliberate escape orbits are only just beginning.
- : Following new legislation in Hellinicia, school children are forced to sing the national anthem every morning.
- : Hellinicia lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- : Hellinicia changed its national nation type to "Cool christian kingdom".
- : Hellinicia altered its national flag.
- : Hellinicia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Hellinicia, workers of "fairweather faith" claim six months of paid leave for holy days per year.
- : Following new legislation in Hellinicia, military spending is on the increase.
- : Following new legislation in Hellinicia, the military maintains a fierce arsenal of 'Cure Missiles'.
Endorsements Received: 75 » The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Imperium Anglorum, The Seven Provinces, Yahlia, Ahma, Thracia Republic, Troltovia, North Wildmark, Irminsulia, The New Nordic Union, The Champions League, Northern German Federation, Regnum Italiae, Saint Domingo, Feria-Alkaline, Outer Sparta, Lovisa, Orthodox States, Schultzheim, Rouvenor, St Scarlett, Stromia, Frahnkzaden, Ministanopolis, Nuweland, Apabeossie, Maritzal, Fauzjhia, Zealand-Scania, Neprius, Quentenia, An Clar, Eski, Dark Matter, Slavorussia, Wombelland, Gutenburg, Kakhassia, Fresiae, Durs Ther, Mirtia, Tarena, Umeria, Great Winminster, Lieges, Pazano, South St Maarten, North of Americas, Unionist Mercia, New Touraine, and 25 others.Europanasia, Slavakino, Brittany Normandy Aquitaine, Germany Third Reich, Gor Kebab, The Town of Harvard, Leszno, Lexembourg, Foucaults garden, Cytadela, The Scheldt, FYR Vojvodina, Nardin, Nastror, Suomessa, Malat, Vielmania, GanymedEuropa, Greifenburg, Laminos, The New North, Niltyp Republic, Rominton, Diocleata, and Bommoberg.