The Republic of Holdens Way is a gargantuan, cultured nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, frequent executions, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed population of 13.877 billion Holdens Wayians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Defense, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 59.3%.
The Holdens Wayian economy, worth 557 trillion bricks a year, is quite specialized and led by the Pizza Delivery industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Woodchip Exports, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 40,179 bricks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
Harry Potter books are banned, elections have been outlawed, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and murderers frequently escape punishment by claiming they were protecting their honour. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Holdens Way's national animal is the molotov, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Holdens Way's influence in Forest rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Holdens Way altered its national flag.
- : Holdens Way's influence in Forest rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Holdens Way's influence in Forest rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Holdens Way changed its national motto to "We Want Stuff!".
- : Holdens Way's influence in Forest rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Holdens Way was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending, Largest Black Market, and Largest Populations.
- : Holdens Way relocated from Lazarus to Forest.
- : Holdens Way relocated from Balder to Lazarus.
- : Holdens Way was refounded in Balder.