The Most Serene Republic of Hoping For The Best is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and notable for its prohibition of alcohol, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 3.844 billion HeftyBestians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Antimilitaropolis. The average income tax rate is 58.5%.
The thriving Hoping For The Bestian economy, worth 295 trillion pieces a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 76,921 pieces, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
The contraband cigarette trade is lighting up across Hoping For The Best, employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams, tampons are used as cheap fishing bobbers, and the government supplies ragtag bands of resistance fighters in exchange for vague promises of future payment. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hoping For The Best's national animal is the mantaray, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hoping For The Best voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The New Inquisition".
- : Hoping For The Best voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Food Waste".
- : Hoping For The Best endorsed The Law Offices of Kenche Gle.
- : Hoping For The Best was endorsed by The Law Offices of Kenche Gle.
- : Hoping For The Best's influence in Aukumnian Imperium rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Hoping For The Best was removed from the regional ban list of New Western Empire by The Democratic States of Josephtan.
- : Hoping For The Best endorsed The Empire of Great Tzion.
- : Hoping For The Best endorsed The United Kingdoms of Izimash.
- : Hoping For The Best was endorsed by The United Kingdoms of Izimash.
- : Hoping For The Best was endorsed by The Empire of Great Tzion.