The United Socialist States of House 80 is a massive, safe nation, remarkable for its avant-garde cinema. The hard-nosed population of 1.167 billion House 80ians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 33.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The House 80ian economy, worth 45.4 trillion Fish a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Tourism, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 38,883 Fish, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, the nation solves other countries' human rights problems with a generous dose of violence, the number of students attending university has reached a record high, and a major religion has been named as House 80's national religion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. House 80's national animal is the Poisson, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : House 80's influence in Switz rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : House 80 relocated from Ide to Switz.
- : House 80 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : House 80's influence in Ide rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : House 80's influence in Ide rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : House 80's influence in Ide rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : House 80's influence in Ide rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : House 80's influence in Ide rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : House 80's influence in Ide rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : House 80's influence in Ide rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".