The United Socialist States of House 80 is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its digital currency, frequent executions, and ban on automobiles. The devout population of 2.688 billion House 80ians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 35.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong House 80ian economy, worth 155 trillion Fish a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Arms Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 57,837 Fish, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Leader's bedroom, many in House 80 are born in the purple, homeless people dying of starvation are thought to be a necessary cost of preventing terrorism, and teenagers are told they're not thinking about sex enough. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. House 80's national animal is the Poisson, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : House 80's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : House 80's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : House 80 was refounded in Balder.
- : House 80 ceased to exist in Palm Tree Empire.
- : House 80's influence in Palm Tree Empire rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : House 80's influence in Palm Tree Empire rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : House 80's influence in Palm Tree Empire rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : House 80 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : House 80 relocated from Devide by Zero to Palm Tree Empire.
- : House 80 endorsed The Borderlands of Hexen 43.