The Nation of Hverland is a huge, cultured nation, ruled by Sólbrún Hallgrímsdóttir with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, ban on automobiles, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 784 million Hverlanders enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Administration, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Breíddalsvík. The average income tax rate is 69.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Hverlandian economy, worth 55.4 trillion Hverlandic Mynts a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 70,600 Hverlandic Mynts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The thin blue line is composed of picketing police officers demanding better pensions, confessions don't count if suffixed with "izzle", dubiously qualified Skandilundian barristers keep referring to laws as 'government guidelines', and teachers are skilled at leaving no evidence of child cruelty. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hverland's national animal is the Puffin, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Hverland, teachers are skilled at leaving no evidence of child cruelty.
- : Following new legislation in Hverland, dubiously qualified Skandilundian barristers keep referring to laws as 'government guidelines'.
- : Hverland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Hverland, confessions don't count if suffixed with "izzle".
- : Following new legislation in Hverland, the thin blue line is composed of picketing police officers demanding better pensions.
- : Following new legislation in Hverland, religious turf wars have caused frustrated police to pray for divine intervention.
- : Following new legislation in Hverland, you're never too young to learn how to lie with confidence.
- : Hverland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Hverland was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of The Axis of Death.
- : Hverland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens and Most Inclusive.
Endorsements Received: 75 » The Seven Provinces, Yahlia, Invernessia, Saint Domingo, Thracia Republic, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Ausvelt, Walfo, Irminsulia, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Northern German Federation, Enway, The Champions League, Republic of Satherland, Abject Ludicrosity, North of Americas, Jim the Baptist, Wombelland, St Scarlett, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Destyntine, Dark Matter, Meropis, The Scandinavian Realm, Rivierenland, Imperium Anglorum, Gor Kebab, An Clar, The New Nordic Union, Prussian-Union, Brakanistan, Chioganah, Outer Sparta, Crestphalia, Shaor, Evergreen Keys, Leranditale, Elisabethshagen, The Kingdom of Denmark, GanymedEuropa, Regnum Italiae, Weeddialvon, Durlia, Umeria, Skorvalia, Ashckar, Esvonia, Canovium, Greater Icelandia, Dipretorian, and 25 others.Free Workers Macedon, Saiwania, Someseni, Nardin, The New Mexican Confederation, Trixeland, Kanokla, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Eski, Apabeossie, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Continental Social Democrats, Othenhiem, Nuevo Europa, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Zulrich, Stromia, Christian Terra, Gliesetonia, Nazakhstan Empire, Sloburg, En Hassik, and The Axis of Death.