The Armed Republic of Hyenaton is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its smutty television, pith helmet sales, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.866 billion Hyenatonians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hyenaton City. The average income tax rate is 90.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Hyenatonian economy, worth 268 trillion Yeen Beans a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 144,060 Yeen Beans, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Betting pennies on games of Go Fish is considered deviant, pop sensation "Jack and the Holograms" is storming the charts, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and the ruling party has a devil of a time keeping order in the ranks. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hyenaton's national animal is the Hyena, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Hyenaton, the ruling party has a devil of a time keeping order in the ranks.
- : Hyenaton was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Hyenaton, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- : Following new legislation in Hyenaton, pop sensation "Jack and the Holograms" is storming the charts.
- : Following new legislation in Hyenaton, betting pennies on games of Go Fish is considered deviant.
- : Following new legislation in Hyenaton, shady doctors seem to have impeccable records.
- : Following new legislation in Hyenaton, citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Hyenaton.
- : Hyenaton was endorsed by The United States of Filipopol.
- : Following new legislation in Hyenaton, conspiracy theorists allege that the government is spying on them through their carbon monoxide detectors.
- : Following new legislation in Hyenaton, crossword puzzles have been co-opted as a symbol of racial discrimination.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Brotherland, VW53Aland, H-Zhena, Kangarawa, BearStackof2015, Liberstankonia, Libertanny, Firenation91, Dragons Blood, Republic of Berzerkistan, Matdor, Brethren, Axdel, Marrabuk, Rhealaliit, Stellar Colonies, Someseni, Am Echad, Wiranath, Evrigenis, Modra, Monix, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Pakitsk, Asendavia, Todd McCloud, The Eternal Land of Jong, Acronis, Tretrid, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, Peoples Republic of GG, Aivintis, Virgoliaendorses, Jakubonia, Mays Austrian Nation, Oofery, The Atlae Isles, Coruh, BuciLand, ReReReRepublic, A mean old man, Greater New Cassandra, and Filipopol.