|Capital||Rottweiler And Dachshund|
The Federation of Hyon Delta is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Mark Sto with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 2.408 billion Hyons enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rottweiler And Dachshund. The average income tax rate is 56.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Hyon economy, worth 140 trillion Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Tourism, Cheese Exports, Automobile Manufacturing, and Pizza Delivery. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 58,273 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Grannies get pulled over for knitting pullovers while driving, saying "don't do anything that Mark Sto wouldn't do" doesn't exclude a great deal, Max Barry is this year's Miss Hyon Delta, and foreign nations kill migratory animals at random in the hope that Hyon Delta will pay them to stop. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hyon Delta's national animal is the Pioneerish Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hyon Delta endorsed The Kingdom of PD Kuykendall.
- : Following new legislation in Hyon Delta, foreign nations kill migratory animals at random in the hope that Hyon Delta will pay them to stop.
- : Following new legislation in Hyon Delta, Max Barry is this year's Miss Hyon Delta.
- : Following new legislation in Hyon Delta, saying "don't do anything that Mark Sto wouldn't do" doesn't exclude a great deal.
- : Following new legislation in Hyon Delta, grannies get pulled over for knitting pullovers while driving.
- : Following new legislation in Hyon Delta, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions.
- : Hyon Delta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Hyon Delta, astronauts take one small step for Hyon Delta and one giant step backward from confrontation.
- : Hyon Delta voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn ravana".
- : Hyon Delta voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
Endorsements Received: 63 » Turbeaux, Novian Republics, Ruinenlust, Ransium, Feladria, Window Land, Eryndlynd, Taco Respublic, Candlewhisper Archive, Reannia, Canaltia, The Void Territories, Frieden-und Freudenland, Verdant Haven, The Black Forrest, Ziotah and Riverside, Love and Nature, Vanenia, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Eaven, Dwardossa, Chilledsville, Edible Plywood, Ordand, Artemis, Ironic Remarks, Forgotten Beauty, Entitize, Kawastyselir, Ownzone, Greyveldt, Octopus Islands, Cat-Herders United, Bregaria, Lura, Tur Ada, Caterasia, Rippardine, Cheloboria, Appendia, Blon Gre, Anachronolandia, Burkhai, Groenwald, Pen Blanityion, Atsvea, Pythaga, Tscharva, Middle Barael, Deontologia, and 13 others.Effazio, McClandia Doge 2, Euso, Spengland et South Toiwan, Bakwaas, Kinectia, Bananaistan, Jutsa, Girelna, New Kvenland, Ashrah, Murmuria, and Talgarth.