|Leader||Prime Minister Tony Astor|
The Federal Blue Republic of Iglot is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Prime Minister Tony Astor with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, complete lack of prisons, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 1.344 billion Iglotians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eksdee City. The average income tax rate is 86.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Iglotian economy, worth 167 trillion hatdogs a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 124,827 hatdogs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect, both diets and economic output are growing leaner with recent restrictions to free trade, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, and promising seven years of bad luck leads to seven years of community service. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Iglot's national animal is the Vampire Wyvern, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Iglot, promising seven years of bad luck leads to seven years of community service.
- : Following new legislation in Iglot, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- : Following new legislation in Iglot, both diets and economic output are growing leaner with recent restrictions to free trade.
- : Following new legislation in Iglot, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect.
- : Following new legislation in Iglot, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- : Iglot endorsed The Empire of Rajtech.
- : Iglot was endorsed by The Empire of Rajtech.
- : Iglot voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Following new legislation in Iglot, future forecasters fearfully discuss grey goo and human obsolescence.
- : Following new legislation in Iglot, pocket calculators are seen as status symbols for the ostentatiously wealthy.
Endorsements Received: 44 » Arvladma, Wickedly evil people, Cro Magnon, Giovanniland, IndyCar Racing, Nieubasria, BIteland, Dilber, San Mazer, Kittenlicious, Fujai, Fuentana, Gracelantia, Zoran, Eleftherios venizelos, Westwind, Gryphonian Alliance, Greynne, Wyndward, Atheist States of Philippines, Liberillia, Kiensu, Tropical Isles, Greg Tucker, Shaktirajya, Bhang Bhang Duc, Mathematania, The First Earth Empire, The Rega, Hamburg Neo, Kisovec, Constantinopolisia, Pandaland II, Eastern Bahia, Wellington Bingbong, The Undivided, Dowaesk, Schantan, Weratt, Willow Gate, Altana Pacifica, The Anti-Social Socialists, KenyaAA, and Rajtech.