The Republic of Ignatia is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, devout population of 420 million Ignatians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 51.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Ignatian economy, worth 22.5 trillion Ignums a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 53,545 Ignums, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Gossip magazines have pictures of Leader sunbathing on the beach with political rivals, coffee-addicted citizens look forward to baristas getting their name wrong at local coffee shops, plain-clothes police officers follow Dàguó tourists everywhere they go, and children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "love and peace!" as a way of life. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ignatia's national animal is the Pheonix, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ignatia was endorsed by The Free Land of Santa Dystopia.
- : Ignatia was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Ignatia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of BuciLand.
- : Ignatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Ignatia was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Flying Snow.
- : Ignatia was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : Ignatia's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Ignatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Ignatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Ignatia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Crushing Our Enemies".
Endorsements Received: 30 » Axdel, Liberstankonia, H-Zhena, VW53Aland, Zukchiva, Libertanny, Brotherland, Technocratic Tagalog, Dragons Blood, Todd McCloud, Bachtendekuppen, Asendavia, Pakitsk, Lingu, The Eternal Land of Jong, Tretrid, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Peoples Republic of GG, Aivintis, Virgoliaendorses, Modra, Mays Austrian Nation, Evrigenis, Oofery, Didusland, The Atlae Isles, BuciLand, A mean old man, and Santa Dystopia.