|Leader||Chancellor William Donovan|
The Federation of Impaxia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Chancellor William Donovan with an iron fist, and notable for its strictly enforced bedtime, free-roaming dinosaurs, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 1.849 billion Impaxians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Khan. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 31.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Impaxian economy, worth 399 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 215,868 dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 803,800 per year while the poor average 40,691, a ratio of 19.8 to 1.
The "war on terror" doesn't seem to be making Impaxians any less frightened, exports are stamped with "made by the invisible hand you commies", the recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter, and bizarre-looking creatures called 'falcondogs' dominate wildlife preserves. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Impaxia's national animal is the falcon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Impaxia, bizarre-looking creatures called 'falcondogs' dominate wildlife preserves.
- : Following new legislation in Impaxia, the recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter.
- : Following new legislation in Impaxia, exports are stamped with "made by the invisible hand you commies".
- : Following new legislation in Impaxia, the "war on terror" doesn't seem to be making Impaxians any less frightened.
- : Impaxia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protected Working Leave"".
- : Following new legislation in Impaxia, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Impaxia, failed genetic experiments wreak havoc as they roam the countryside.
- : Following new legislation in Impaxia, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
- : Following new legislation in Impaxia, confessions don't count if suffixed with "izzle".
- : Following new legislation in Impaxia, the standard police uniform now comes with several colours of belt.
Endorsements Received: 50 » H-Zhena, Brotherland, Staynes, Zukchiva, Dragons Blood, A mean old man, Rainbow Vests, Greater New Cassandra, VW53Aland, Pakitsk, New Leganes, Asendavia, BuciLand, Oofery, Coruh, Sunsistan, Gunov, Wiranath, Acronis, Tretrid, The Three States of Fortuna, Debluu, Tassirion, Axdel, Layngderfleethe, Clarence-Voslage, Santa Dystopia, Wallenburg, Lorrana, BearStackof2015, Distro-Spartica, Eastern Alksearia, Argentianworkslasia, Modra, Ridann, Dravida India, Jove Mahmo, The Kulaata Islands, Technocratic Tagalog, Spiruvania, Nevertopia, From New World, Sandboxford, Fellon, Dahom, Tierra Fuego, Veterans Association, Northern Celavon, East Malaysia, and Free Libertasia.