The Republic of Independent Antartica is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Fish Fingers with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, keen interest in outer space, and parental licensing program. The hard-nosed population of 2.189 billion Antarticans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Administration, Education, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Belmont. The average income tax rate is 79.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Antratican economy, worth 324 trillion Artic Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Tourism, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 148,230 Artic Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, elections have recently been reintroduced to Independent Antartica, one of the most popular models in Independent Antartica has a scarred face and one working eye, and parking's carefree without parking car fees. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Independent Antartica's national animal is the Penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Independent Antartica, parking's carefree without parking car fees.
- : Independent Antartica was endorsed by The Disconcerting Deputy of Flying Snow.
- : Independent Antartica was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens and the Top 10% for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Independent Antartica, one of the most popular models in Independent Antartica has a scarred face and one working eye.
- : Independent Antartica voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : Independent Antartica voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Following new legislation in Independent Antartica, elections have recently been reintroduced to Independent Antartica.
- : Independent Antartica was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Independent Antartica, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry.
- : Following new legislation in Independent Antartica, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs.
Endorsements Received: 26 » VW53Aland, H-Zhena, Mays Austrian Nation, Zukchiva, Libertanny, Staynes, Brotherland, Evrigenis, Liberstankonia, Dragons Blood, A mean old man, Technocratic Tagalog, Tretrid, Zulkig, Modra, Oofery, Pakitsk, Kavanos, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Ephem, Ridann, Asendavia, Rainbow Vests, BuciLand, and Flying Snow.