|Leader||the Executive Leader|
The United Islands of Iontan is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by the Executive Leader with a fair hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, anti-smoking policies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 20.777 billion Iontanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Iontan City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Iontian economy, worth a remarkable 4,467 trillion Tayoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 215,033 Tayoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Sullen teenagers in bright orange 'community payback' onesies can be seen picking litter at the roadside, children are raised bilingual from an early age, the children of Iontan are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence, and preschools put children down for naps with milk, cookies, and a gruesome story of vengeance. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Iontan's national animal is the Panther, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, preschools put children down for naps with milk, cookies, and a gruesome story of vengeance.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, the children of Iontan are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence.
- : Iontan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, children are raised bilingual from an early age.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, sullen teenagers in bright orange 'community payback' onesies can be seen picking litter at the roadside.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, nouveau riche farmers diligently take care of their golden calf herds.
- : Iontan was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Krillia.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, the meaning of life was recently discovered in the patch notes for Version 1.42.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, tax revenue is often intercepted by international accountants before ever seeing the national treasury.
- : Iontan endorsed The Free Union of Zeklandia.
Endorsements Received: 98 » Achiotopia, Slaytania, Matterland, Solleana, Coreras, Spncrgmn, Zyrcrestia, Blogotopia, The Soylent Green Party, Zeganas, Seantonia, Better Indonesia, Kyrizstanislav, Lacuna, Anollasia, Samonaemia, Tzo, Austral Coast, Serlone, Dustwind, Killettland, Maalemzya, Echocrimsonia, Wysrod, New Fania, Nooooooooooooooo, Keswickholt, Ignis Cinere, Calachia, Jimjam Goober, Free Land of Rebellium, Isentran, Oyste, Kebecois, Grimmywelsh, Lamborghini Murcielago, Ferte, Northern Nivaria, Libertaritaritaritaria, Karlando, Anisopterra, QuazaFire, Piscina, Decent Humans, Valentian Elysium, Ascended Union, Rahatalia, Discotheque, Airday, Canthos, and 48 others.Recon Island, Republic of Libriano, City of Saint Nicolas, Lesbi, Eames, AciaciaMont, The Republic of Osea, Ytvigshill, Greenmont Federation, Vill Send, Alen-roshh, Medetas, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Evertopia, Harekoku, Itic, Lunador, Krystalveil, Leprechaun Gold, Teabagia, Vivolkha, Nogalacia, Armatha, Great Ranges, Namakan, Johnne Green, Waitiki, Kachikawawa, Point Comfort Colony, Liberdon, Lisokyo, New Afghanistani states, Solsevara, Bailsland, Nemohsis, Islands of Czechia, Bortheria, Marxist Germany, Manurajya, Novegia, Gal Cradia, Pianaville, Calrad, Makykay, HumanSanity, Zeklandia, Hellenic Exusia, and Krillia.