|Leader||the Executive Leader|
The United Islands of Iontan is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by the Executive Leader with a fair hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 24.378 billion Iontanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Iontan City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Iontian economy, worth a remarkable 5,431 trillion Tayoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 222,811 Tayoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, it takes months to get the proper permits for a child's first tricycle, armed war-criminals gain asylum if deemed 'fabulous' enough, and a little pushing and pulling is needed for big ships to pass. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Iontan's national animal is the Panther, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Iontan was endorsed by The Queendom of United Atle Lamton.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, a little pushing and pulling is needed for big ships to pass.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, armed war-criminals gain asylum if deemed 'fabulous' enough.
- : Iontan endorsed The United States of Strigberg.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, it takes months to get the proper permits for a child's first tricycle.
- : Iontan was endorsed by The Republic of United Kolane.
- : Iontan was endorsed by The United States of Strigberg.
- : Iontan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, the election for the Executive Leader's office's janitor is heating up.
Endorsements Received: 92 » Slaytania, Matterland, Coreras, Blogotopia, The Soylent Green Party, Zeganas, Seantonia, Better Indonesia, Kyrizstanislav, Lacuna, Anollasia, Tzo, Dustwind, Killettland, Maalemzya, Wysrod, Keswickholt, Calachia, Free Land of Rebellium, Ferte, Karlando, Piscina, Airday, Republic of Libriano, City of Saint Nicolas, The Republic of Osea, Vill Send, Medetas, Evertopia, Vivolkha, Namakan, Johnne Green, Kachikawawa, Liberdon, Solsevara, Novegia, Gal Cradia, Calrad, Zeklandia, Seranis, Ilfarasia, Testa, Maconshinbernititte, Holma, Krystalveil, Selu-Ahare, Tausend Seen, Renetopia, Greater Theowherveld, Venmere, and 42 others.Grimmywelsh, Samonaemia, Dovant, Violent Trees, Faradova, Cathamye, Katitania, Xanthorrhoea, Iron Soviet, Herfenzir, Victorian Dynasty, Macrasetia, Girls Who Say Bruh, Aquachromia, Breosia, Greater Kithsdicaia, The Galactic American Imperium, The Democratic State Of Josora, United States of Island land, Fractethyst, Savveria, Nagansk, Kaprein, Alski, Geonomia, Franconia and Bavaria, Bondgalm, Puffandria, Hashari Darussalam, Houbur, Demeters Children, Markanite, Counties of Cracow, Coldian, Phello, The Divine Elephant, Jaegerpondonia, Rog Mily, QuazaFire, Strigberg, United Kolane, and United Atle Lamton.