The Democratic Republic of Islessallend is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 289 million Islessallendians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 66.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Islessallendian economy, worth 7.97 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Basket Weaving, and Retail. Average income is 27,583 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The art of conversation has been rediscovered, 3D printed organs are a breath of new life for the sick and elderly, shelters struggle to keep up with the endless intake of stray animals, and the most penniless demographics have by far the highest number of researchers per capita. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Islessallend's national animal is the beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Islessallend was endorsed by The Republic of Zumlandia.
- : Islessallend was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Kobagia.
- : Islessallend was endorsed by The United Regions of Glurponia.
- : Islessallend was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Islessallend, the most penniless demographics have by far the highest number of researchers per capita.
- : Following new legislation in Islessallend, shelters struggle to keep up with the endless intake of stray animals.
- : Following new legislation in Islessallend, 3D printed organs are a breath of new life for the sick and elderly.
- : Following new legislation in Islessallend, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- : Following new legislation in Islessallend, Leader is too busy listening to praise to get any work done.
- : Following new legislation in Islessallend, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country.
Endorsements Received: 107 » Corfad, Alunya, Yummy Blubber, Siwale, Shin-Hachioji, Pallaith, El Fiji Grande, The Rhein States, Territorio di Nessuno, Yaorozu, Trillius, Great Bights Mum, Sunto, Bayern-Straubing, Ikea Rike, Lomjia, Napnomadia, Dar es Saalam, North Bratislava, Uganda Knuckles UK, Koda-Land, Kwaj, Peldorn, Sinelona, Miruma, Omnistria, Notyoutopia, Shibutani, Tappan Hills, Afrille, Liberum Mundi, Frances Francis the First of France, Saturns Edge, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Sundred, Egalico, Sheldanada, PlanetPunk, New Bremerton, Selfgradatude, Free Azzaca, Acrabinnia, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Holy Oranz, Q w e r t y, Steampunk Ariel, Plangainer, The Notorious Mad Jack, Black Templares, Maott, and 57 others.National Goats, Torakuen, Jasminlandia, Sil Dorsett, 1 very fast endotarter, Amauri, Pasargad, Unimaginable Doom, New Pruessen, Federation Terra Australis, Dreadton, Ethnon, Valhalla123, Spartoptia, Haor Chall, Moubarakistan, Aratani, Buckerino, Ejhsa, Ibiscaton, Shadowrik, Vikingiarchy, Kulgatha, General COE, Niradans, Kasazzastan, Wineclaw, Thiammyalllaland, Joodey, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Municipality of Baria and Vungtau, Castle Federation, Votak Matim, Noahs Second Country, Former English Colony, Apetopia, Newam, Test for a new hope, Conservadoria, GRANDE IMPERIO ORIENTAL PAGAO EUDUARDO, North Altatude, Hileville, The Black Cathedral, Loutsland, Elder Realms, Justanistan, Loli County, Eriadni, Guer Aike, Xentherida, Constantinolia, Wilkshire, Makersaulache, Ttopa, Glurponia, Kobagia, and Zumlandia.