|Leader||Angel Vizueth IV|
The Unitary Empire of Iwonia is a huge, safe nation, ruled by Angel Vizueth IV with an iron fist, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, enslaved workforce, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 851 million Iwonians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Greater Lumia. The average income tax rate is 68.0%.
The thriving Iwonian economy, worth 77.6 trillion Iwons a year, is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 91,204 Iwons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Film studios own the rights to actors' likenesses until the next millennium, education is transforming people into first-rate snobs, Angel Vizueth IV has been known to threaten dissenting citizens with a machine gun at press conferences, and every week is blindness awareness week. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Iwonia's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Iwonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in Iwonia, every week is blindness awareness week.
- : Iwonia changed its national leader to "Angel Vizueth IV" and its motto to "Through blood and sweat comes our success!".
- : Following new legislation in Iwonia, Angel Vizueth IV has been known to threaten dissenting citizens with a machine gun at press conferences.
- : Following new legislation in Iwonia, education is transforming people into first-rate snobs.
- : Following new legislation in Iwonia, film studios own the rights to actors' likenesses until the next millennium.
- : Following new legislation in Iwonia, fishermen take out second mortgages to afford the yearly fishing permit.
- : Iwonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Following new legislation in Iwonia, the nanny industry has had a boom after maternity leave was recently banned.
- : Following new legislation in Iwonia, teachers are skilled at leaving no evidence of child cruelty.
Endorsements Received: 20 » Lesser Velutaria, The New Bulgarian Order, Draytopia, Speke, Prybourne, Anderum, Whitmarche, Foxomexra, Hatstheput, Toubaze, Teckia, Kiyortza, East Chimore, Vescarium, Plattinum, Bro Wyned, Flatstone, Fallooplesburg, New Sebronia, and Gorabo.