The Lights Went Out of Jakker City is a colossal, safe nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. The democratic population of 8.264 billion Jakker Cityians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 58.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Jakker Cityian economy, worth 190 trillion Francoes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 23,065 Francoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, a major religion has been named as Jakker City's national religion, Leader has just been declared ruler of Jakker City in an international press conference, and Jakker City has designated Jakker City City as its capital city. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jakker City's national animal is the Daxter.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jakker City's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Jakker City's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Jakker City relocated from Saarland to The Rejected Realms.
- : Jakker City was ejected and banned from Saarland by The Republic of KittenSanity.
- : Jakker City's influence in Saarland rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Jakker City resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Jakker City's influence in Saarland rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Jakker City relocated from Devide by Zero to Saarland.
- : Jakker City endorsed The Rogue Nation of House 63.
- : Jakker City was admitted to the World Assembly.