The Grand Duchy of Jalamir is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, irreverence towards religion, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 375 million Jalamirians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Industry, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.9%.
The strong Jalamirian economy, worth 28.4 trillion meccs a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Information Technology, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 75,626 meccs, with the richest citizens earning 7.1 times as much as the poorest.
Euthanasia is illegal, the Museum of Blackacrean War Crimes is located on "Blackacre Did Nothing Wrong Avenue", all alcohol is banned, and penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative'. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Jalamir's national animal is the bison, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jalamir's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Jalamir's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Jalamir was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Jalamir ceased to exist in The East Pacific.
- : Jalamir was endorsed by The Protectorate of Opossum Slayer.
- : Jalamir was endorsed by The Dominion of Aelitia.
- : Jalamir was endorsed by The Armed Republic of The United Neo American Union.
- : Jalamir was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes, Lowest Overall Tax Burden, and Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Jalamir was endorsed by The Republic of Brotherland.
- : Jalamir was endorsed by The Office Cowboy of Funkadelia.