The People's Republic of Jarvsand is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Anna Kozlov with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, compulsory military service, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 5.471 billion Jarvsandians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Arvsfort. The average income tax rate is 77.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Jarvsandian economy, worth 684 trillion kronor a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 125,150 kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, military officers are given medals for disobeying orders, people say chess victor Anna Kozlov can kill you with mind-bullets, and bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jarvsand's national animal is the dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Jarvsand, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms.
- : Following new legislation in Jarvsand, people say chess victor Anna Kozlov can kill you with mind-bullets.
- : Following new legislation in Jarvsand, military officers are given medals for disobeying orders.
- : Following new legislation in Jarvsand, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Following new legislation in Jarvsand, courtrooms can be a little sketchy.
- : Following new legislation in Jarvsand, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property.
- : Following new legislation in Jarvsand, school uniforms are compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Jarvsand, cutting-edge missile systems are being retrofitted to twin-prop air force biplanes.
- : Jarvsand was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Jarvsand was endorsed by The Vizier of Asendavia.
Endorsements Received: 44 » A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Axdel, Hizuru, Brotherland, Wiranath, BearStackof2015, VW53Aland, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Am Echad, Pakitsk, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Kangarawa, Libertanny, La xinga, Firenation91, Dragons Blood, Matdor, Marrabuk, Rhealaliit, Evrigenis, Ridann, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Todd McCloud, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, The Eternal Land of Jong, Imprisoned Freeman, BuciLand, Gyp Land, A mean old man, Greater New Cassandra, Survivoristan, Mays Austrian Nation, Nevertopia, Ephem, Oofery, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Staynes, Castle Federation, and Asendavia.