The Dominion of Jernborg is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its public floggings, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 790 million Jernborgians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 67.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Jernborgian economy, worth 40.9 trillion Domins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Uranium Mining. Average income is 51,717 Domins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Reddish-brown is the new black, park rangers perform full-body searches on suspected fungus smugglers, all government facilities are built in the subterranean citadel of Jernborg City, and government policies change at the drop of a rabbit. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jernborg's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jernborg was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Jernborg was endorsed by The Sultanate of Gorabo.
- : Jernborg was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Jernborg, government policies change at the drop of a rabbit.
- : Jernborg was endorsed by The Senate and People of The Byrdlands.
- : Jernborg was endorsed by The Federal Republic of New Sebronia.
- : Jernborg was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Jernborg was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Fallooplesburg.
- : Jernborg was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Flatstone.
- : Following new legislation in Jernborg, all government facilities are built in the subterranean citadel of Jernborg City.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Lesser Velutaria, Hatstheput, Gardeviour, The New Bulgarian Order, Draytopia, Speke, Prybourne, Shedehnoah, Anderum, Whitmarche, Foxomexra, Toubaze, Teckia, Iwonia, Kiyortza, East Chimore, Plattinum, Bro Wyned, Vescarium, Flatstone, Fallooplesburg, New Sebronia, and Gorabo.