|Leader||HSM Agustín I|
The Shadow Cult of Jocospor is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by HSM Agustín I with an iron fist, and renowned for its parental licensing program, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 14.091 billion Jocospites are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vocryae. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 90.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Jocospite economy, worth a remarkable 2,861 trillion Flamas a year, is mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 203,048 Flamas, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 789,765 per year while the poor average 35,693, a ratio of 22.1 to 1.
Fashion magazine covers finally display realistic body images following photo-manipulation becoming illegal, some people will do literally anything to be in the spotlight, the meaning of life was recently discovered in the patch notes for Version 1.42, and government popup ads are springing up like weeds. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jocospor's national animal is the Finch, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Moderatism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jocospor updated the World Factbook entry in Confederation of Corrupt Dictators.
- : Jocospor appointed The Supreme Empire of Johill as Office of the President of the Imperial Senate with authority over Communications and Polls in Confederation of Corrupt Dictators.
- : Jocospor granted Border Control authority and removed Appearance, Embassies, and Polls authority from The Corporate Conglomerate of Valerox and renamed the office from "Ministry of Foreign Affairs" to "Imperial Council" in Confederation of Corrupt Dictators.
- : Jocospor granted Appearance and Border Control authority to The New State of Ridnez and renamed the office from "Office of the President of the Imperial Senate" to "Ministry of Home Affairs" in Confederation of Corrupt Dictators.
- : Jocospor granted Embassies authority to The Republic of Nova Occidens and renamed the office from "Ministry of Home Affairs" to "Ministry of Foreign Affairs" in Confederation of Corrupt Dictators.
- : Jocospor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Jocospor lodged a message on the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators Regional Message Board.
- : Jocospor published "Letter | 6/5/22" (Bulletin: Opinion).
- : Jocospor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Jocospor suppressed a post on the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators Regional Message Board.