The Mostly Free State of Jonathan Schmidt is a massive, orderly nation, notable for its rum-swilling pirates, daily referendums, and state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.4 billion Jonathan Schmidtians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 79.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Jonathan Schmidtian economy, worth 155 trillion Dimmadollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 111,372 Dimmadollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Popular websites like NationStates are blocked for "national security", a faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles' distance from the National Science Park, Leader's exquisite office door is replaced monthly due to angry petitioners, and things are looking up for patients accidentally prescribed erectile dysfunction medication. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jonathan Schmidt's national animal is the Jonathan Schmidt, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jonathan Schmidt voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Following new legislation in Jonathan Schmidt, things are looking up for patients accidentally prescribed erectile dysfunction medication.
- : Following new legislation in Jonathan Schmidt, Leader's exquisite office door is replaced monthly due to angry petitioners.
- : Jonathan Schmidt voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Jonathan Schmidt endorsed The Republic of Maricentria.
- : Jonathan Schmidt was endorsed by The Republic of Maricentria.
- : Jonathan Schmidt voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Jonathan Schmidt voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Jonathan Schmidt endorsed The Empire of Aquyia.
- : Following new legislation in Jonathan Schmidt, a faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles' distance from the National Science Park.
Endorsements Received: 51 » Asendavia, Zukchiva, H-Zhena, Oofery, VW53Aland, New Leganes, Greater New Cassandra, Brotherland, Acronis, Tretrid, Dragons Blood, Anarchica landia, The Three States of Fortuna, Debluu, A mean old man, Republic of Berzerkistan, Modra, Tassirion, Axdel, Pakitsk, CheeseBurrito, Marrabuk, Staynes, East Malaysia, Layngderfleethe, Dravida India, Santa Dystopia, Rainbow Vests, Lorrana, Wallenburg, BearStackof2015, Eastern Alksearia, North Bernia, The Kulaata Islands, Lueva, Technocratic Tagalog, Spiruvania, Pledonia, Nevertopia, Saint Richelieu, Eagle Crest, From New World, Fellon, Enlil, Tierra Fuego, Remonatracy, ArenaC, Veterans Association, Northern Celavon, Aquyia, and 1 other.Maricentria.