The Kingdom of Kaigi is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Lord Blake with an iron fist, and remarkable for its ban on automobiles, state-planned economy, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 31.942 billion Kaigians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bowerstone. The average income tax rate is 95.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Kaigian economy, worth an astonishing 10,943 trillion Flabbergasts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Gambling. Average income is an amazing 342,607 Flabbergasts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Bowerstone's flashy holiday light displays can be seen from space, cars have been banned, Kaigian scientists are mixing chewing tobacco with bacon flavouring in an attempt to craft the perfect male snack, and arbitration is mightier than the sword. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kaigi's national animal is the Sharktopus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Pastafarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kaigi was endorsed by The Theocracy of Gratefuland.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, arbitration is mightier than the sword.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, Kaigian scientists are mixing chewing tobacco with bacon flavouring in an attempt to craft the perfect male snack.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, cars have been banned.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, Bowerstone's flashy holiday light displays can be seen from space.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, chess defeat has made Lord Blake the laughingstock of dictators and grandmasters alike.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, contestants on Kaigi's Got Talent are screened by the government to make sure that they actually have talent.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, the reams of paperwork accompanying any electronic item are a recognised contributor to national deforestation.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, future forecasters fearfully discuss grey goo and human obsolescence.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, foreign policy is to avoid standing up to bullies.
Endorsements Received: 149 » Todd McCloud, Packilvania, Freedom Fascists, Trimmania, Kangarawa, Kriov, Lyontisia, Adolanta, Duracell, A Slanted Black Stripe, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, Urimel, Elejamie, Bachtendekuppen, EMS Conglomerate, Brotherland, Eurasian Socialist Federation, Roissyland, New Leganes, TethehAlla, Norport, Survivoristan, GoldStreet, Islandian Free States, The Empire of Rijelv, Aelitia, Slui, Praetai, Hobbesistan, Dremaur, Republic of Berzerkistan, Roliganistan, Bolshikstan, Envisa, Aeneas Prime, Propwash, Ur-Quan Battle Thralls, Arkantis, The Romanum Legio, Asendavia, Artimisiare, Danesopia, ReeK, Ribanzi, Headpat Central, Ye Olde Country of Yore, Illen Falis, Xhaco, Harapan, and 99 others.Republic of Monarchists, Wendelandia, H-Zhena, Am Echad, Aristortia, Euricanis, Sicilla, Lucasia AUX, Akorial, Betremia, Mogambotopia, Airrajul, Illemenia, Volenruud, Saladass, Sansangra, Wiranath, Republika ng Pilipinas, Nysa Arcadia, Slenty, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Eagas, Alkintare, Izonno, The Sacred Whale, Socialist Holy American Empire, Aden Dimities, VW53Aland, Mastariere, Qui sequuntur somnia, Kosanx, Ver Norge, Broengtopia, Someseni, Morkuldin, Galve, Riveraland, Peryn, Ravendi, Soirwren, South East Charmaracapa, Dreshand, Binghamton University, Dark Edgyness, Verketa, Hizuru, Grand Rheinland, Rhealaliit, British Calradia, Elfinya, United China Nation, Peoples United Republic of Exumis, Boal Pey Sovelogland, Merlovich, Birdbow, Axdel, Fedele, Unger under over, Bons Boofer, Kervewth, New Arion Pean, The Happian Union, Elsweyr Land, Midwestern States of USA, East Malaysia, Tim Stark, Avalon Ascendancy, Eastern Hyront Scasssen, Thyaclinia, Lobos, Peoples Soviet Republics, Davelands, The Oan Isles, VoyKovie, Attelooch, United Edwards, Kucia, Yumaka, Ridann, Marrico, Lejon Stad, Neruch, Shantan, Solarfall, Mer Dieu, Koroc, TheRuthenians, Lundree Nikia Islands, Splena, Veron, Bullpups, Bilanda, Eastern Wyveil Strait, PIDLE, Superior Indonesia, Germansberg, Federated States of Zootron, Arpino, and Gratefuland.