The Free Land of Kalaratri is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Stjepan Filipović with a fair hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, ban on automobiles, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.524 billion Kalaratrianins love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Xenophon. The average income tax rate is 76.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kalaratrianian economy, worth 185 trillion Kelantanese dinars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 121,842 Kelantanese dinars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There is a law against "filthy foreign food", the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life, people accuse the government of being in bed with Big Safety, and innocent defendants often plead guilty for fear of receiving a much harsher sentence before jury. Crime is totally unknown. Kalaratri's national animal is the Rattenkönig, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Eternalux.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kalaratri was endorsed by The Colony of Eastie.
- : Kalaratri was endorsed by The Great and Mighty Ego of Ramaeus.
- : Kalaratri was endorsed by The Acting Overseeing Officer of Feu de Glace.
- : Kalaratri was endorsed by The Cinder and Smoke of Tim Stark.
- : Following new legislation in Kalaratri, innocent defendants often plead guilty for fear of receiving a much harsher sentence before jury.
- : Following new legislation in Kalaratri, people accuse the government of being in bed with Big Safety.
- : Following new legislation in Kalaratri, the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life.
- : Following new legislation in Kalaratri, there is a law against "filthy foreign food".
- : Following new legislation in Kalaratri, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
- : Kalaratri withdrew its endorsement from The NS Pretty Girl of Fedele.
Endorsements Received: 110 » Fedele, A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Brotherland, Axdel, Pakitsk, Hizuru, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Mundiferrum, Goodnamesarerare, Rhealaliit, Wiranath, Janoobi Jazair, VW53Aland, Someseni, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Lanagon, EnderShnovia, Great Aztlatan CommonWealth, Republic of Berzerkistan, The Angel of Charity, The Soviet Space Commie Union, Unger under over, Am Echad, Marrico, Drunken Seal Islands, Ver Norge, Adavan, Survivoristan, Adolanta, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Kilkire, The Underwood Industrial Empire, Kagorg Bra Corna, CheeseBurrito, Stellar Colonies, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Kucia, Roissyland, Elejamie, The Empire of Rijelv, Kangarawa, Arkantis, Propwash, Sansangra, Solarfall, Cameronia Excellentia, Ribanzi, Urimel, and 60 others.Freedom Fascists, Wizardonia, Talitoa, ReeK, Dragonia, CopyCato, Kaigi, Harro Waarudho, The United Neo American Union, Bytes, Aeljae, Roliganistan, The Almighty Country, Kriov, Socialist Holy American Empire, Lyontisia, Endertopias, Just Vale 2, Impia Aghte, Arpino, Qui sequuntur somnia, Libertanny, Enlil, Cublite, Skandinavistan, Escade, Stanisiti, Slys Paws, Verketa, Galve, Styklelilere, The Romanum Legio, Stellaire Imperiale, Liberstankonia, Blobbo, Lerasi, Bakaworld, Pightinbotanoffen, Sericena, Magosconity, Staynes, America Mjolnir, Mossy-Oak, RovaMittala, 7-5, Commodore Badger, Hokolokia, Davinhia, Avakael, Yemeni Locusts, Zukchiva, Firenation91, Dragons Blood, Asendavia, Eagas, La xinga, Brethren, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, and Eastie.