The Dominion of Kalla is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Supreme Founder with an iron fist, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, ubiquitous missile silos, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 2.627 billion Kallans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tar Valon. The average income tax rate is 95.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Kallan economy, worth 404 trillion kronor a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 153,883 kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Government fact-checkers use surprising amounts of high explosive, airport announcements inform passengers that flights have been delayed because pilots are having afternoon naps, illegal hunting is rife after veganism was recently made compulsory, and citizens know never to accept cookies from strangers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kalla's national animal is the panther, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kalla was endorsed by The Empire of Rajtech.
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, citizens know never to accept cookies from strangers.
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, illegal hunting is rife after veganism was recently made compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, airport announcements inform passengers that flights have been delayed because pilots are having afternoon naps.
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, government fact-checkers use surprising amounts of high explosive.
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, grinding bureaucracy has the international wheels of justice turning slowly.
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, attempts to inform people about their unclaimed property are often mistaken for telephone scams.
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly.
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, rich people sell their mansions to pay for endless rows of mobile homes.
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, park rangers perform full-body searches on suspected fungus smugglers.
Endorsements Received: 71 » New Cerveza, San Mazer, Kisovec, Wickedly evil people, Psikuta, Greynne, DiscGolfLand, Wyndward, Dilber, Fujai, Tropical Isles, Twisted Duality, Kittenlicious, Gryphonian Alliance, Glorious Existence, Liberillia, Greg Tucker, Ferroia, Atheist States of Philippines, Thyrall, Oronia, Archonina, Mathematania, Fallgriffin, Sindria, Shaktirajya, Common Good, Ellcrys, Papercuts and Skittles, Holmani, Triestine, Robbinston, Nieubasria, Einherfell, IndyCar Racing, Q The Almighty, Mediobogdum, Akshireuya, Anuubis, Nas Crustium, Cro Magnon, Giovanniland, Gracelantia, Hamburg Neo, Arvladma, Westwind, Volkason, BIteland, Fuentana, The First Earth Empire, and 21 others.Yaspica, Willow Gate, Bhang Bhang Duc, Forcaforta, Zuriath, Ostrogothaland, Eastern Bahia, Wellington Bingbong, Schlesien-Galizien, Lodiberdade, The Undivided, Schantan, Orson Welles, Weratt, Zoran, Podium, Sensorland, The Anti-Social Socialists, Lothundy, Av Libertas Vindex, and Rajtech.