|Faith||The Power of the Ęther|
The Eternal Empire of Kalmartveir is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Regent Vegard with a fair hand, and notable for its ban on automobiles, free-roaming dinosaurs, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 3.748 billion Kalmartveirians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The relatively small, liberal government is primarily concerned with Education, although Administration, Defense, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ymir. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.7%.
The thriving Kalmartveirian economy, worth 409 trillion crowns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an impressive 109,345 crowns, with the richest citizens earning 7.4 times as much as the poorest.
Preschoolers practice disarming active shooters before naptime, immersive video game experiences are interrupted by incessant disclaimer pop-ups, political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm, and the fate of the world literally rests on Regent Vegard's fingers. Crime is well under control. Kalmartveir's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Power of the Ęther.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kalmartveir was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : The Commonwealth of Peoples Free Republic of Romania renamed the office held by Kalmartveir from "Regent" to "Viceroy of Auralia" in Auralia.
- : Kalmartveir lodged a message on the Auralia Regional Message Board.
- : Kalmartveir updated the World Factbook entry in Auralia.
- : Kalmartveir's influence in Auralia rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Kalmartveir agreed to construct embassies between Auralia and The Democratika.
- : Following new legislation in Kalmartveir, the fate of the world literally rests on Regent Vegard's fingers.
- : Following new legislation in Kalmartveir, political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm.
- : Following new legislation in Kalmartveir, immersive video game experiences are interrupted by incessant disclaimer pop-ups.
- : Following new legislation in Kalmartveir, preschoolers practice disarming active shooters before naptime.