The Ocean-Washed Archipelago of Kanaia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Jack with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, ban on automobiles, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 32.962 billion Kanaians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, outspoken government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Education and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rufion. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Kanaian economy, worth a remarkable 9,763 trillion Adrians a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 296,189 Adrians, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life, bands of paramedics walk the streets looking for suspicious medical activity, the 'Museum Of Stuff We Stole' is a tourist favourite, and bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of. Crime is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Kanaia's national animal is the Oliphant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kanaia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Kanaia established the regional flag of Platoon Alpha.
- : Kanaia applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Kanaia resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Kanaia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Audioslavia".
- : Kanaia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Itic.
- : Kanaia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Kanaia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Ehrgeizig.
- : Kanaia was endorsed by The Gold Phoenix Queendom of Ignis Cinere.
- : Kanaia was endorsed by The Benevolency of HN67.