The Federal Republic of Kapka is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Michael Ostfeld with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, anti-smoking policies, and compulsory military service. The compassionate population of 1.2 billion Kapkans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eclipse City. The average income tax rate is 74.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Kapkan economy, worth 100 trillion Karins a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Cheese Exports, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 83,614 Karins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Out-of-work actors say they can't complain, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government, there have been reports of people marrying housepets, and teachers are dying as they attempt to read 500 word essays without pausing for breath. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kapka's national animal is the Kakkini Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Protestant Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kapka, teachers are dying as they attempt to read 500 word essays without pausing for breath.
- : Following new legislation in Kapka, there have been reports of people marrying housepets.
- : Kapka was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- : Following new legislation in Kapka, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Kapka, out-of-work actors say they can't complain.
- : Following new legislation in Kapka, commuter vessels have trouble staying afloat due to increased passengers.
- : Following new legislation in Kapka, pedal-powered removal vans are a popular Maxxmas gift for the children of separated parents.
- : Following new legislation in Kapka, officials pull all-nighters to check immigrants for potential links to terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in Kapka, movie references are legally admissible in court.
- : Following new legislation in Kapka, Michael Ostfeld's told that love often manifests itself through homicidal four-lettered litanies.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Slavonia and Srijem, Mynox, Imperium Anglorum, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Regnum Italiae, The Champions League, GanymedEuropa, The New Mexican Confederation, Invernessia, Meropis, Rivierenland, Elisabethshagen, Saint Domingo, Yahlia, Republic of Satherland, Walfo, North of Americas, Irminsulia, Kanokla, Northern German Federation, St Scarlett, Trixeland, Thracia Republic, Gliesetonia, Abject Ludicrosity, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Stromia, Jim the Baptist, Kyrica, Valtrona, Destyntine, Eski, Brakanistan, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Dark Matter, Nardin, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, Savinecross, The New Nordic Union, Maalat, Ausvelt, Emynia, En Hassik, Apabeossie, and Eco-Paris Reformation.