The Queendom of Kasmirna is a huge, orderly nation, renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, rampant corporate plagiarism, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 438 million Kasmirnans are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Surmini. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 20.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Kasmirnan economy, worth 51.3 trillion SUKS a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 117,127 SUKS, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 396,415 per year while the poor average 25,575, a ratio of 15.5 to 1.
The nation leads Europe in per capita stalking, farting etiquette is taught in schools, the homeless more often beg for mercy than money, and labour strikes are routinely squashed by police. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Kasmirna's national animal is the Pegasus, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kasmirna was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Kasmirna, labour strikes are routinely squashed by police.
- : Kasmirna was reclassified from "Mother Knows Best State" to "Compulsory Consumerist State".
- : Following new legislation in Kasmirna, the homeless more often beg for mercy than money.
- : Following new legislation in Kasmirna, farting etiquette is taught in schools.
- : Following new legislation in Kasmirna, the nation leads Europe in per capita stalking.
- : Kasmirna lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Kasmirna, business leaders commend the government for enacting an emissions reduction strategy that reduces no Kasmirnan emissions at all.
- : Following new legislation in Kasmirna, power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky.
- : Following new legislation in Kasmirna, there's no cure or sympathy for the common cold.
Endorsements Received: 62 » Outer Sparta, Dorenstad, Kanokla, Saint Domingo, Invernessia, Meropis, Republic of Satherland, The New Mexican Confederation, Northern German Federation, Walfo, Thracia Republic, Irminsulia, The Reunited Yugoslavs, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Trixeland, Elisabethshagen, Abject Ludicrosity, Rivierenland, Regnum Italiae, Imperium Anglorum, Greater Icelandia, St Scarlett, Estellan, Yahlia, Shaor, The Champions League, GanymedEuropa, Kyrica, Destyntine, Christian Terra, The New Nordic Union, Gor Kebab, The Oriental Empire, Asparagusia, NorthPortugal, Uzbek Khan, Eco-Paris Reformation, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Valtrona, Mynox, Jim the Baptist, Super Happy Land, Dark Matter, Brakanistan, Apabeossie, Enway, Continental Social Democrats, Ausvelt, Eski, North of Americas, and 12 others.Othenhiem, Gliesetonia, Wombelland, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, New Eestiball, Nardin, Renway, Maalat, Leiningerland, En Hassik, and Nazakhstan Empire.