The Empire of Katangas is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Emperor Maximo with an iron fist, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, frequent executions, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 1.496 billion Katangasians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Industry, Law & Order, and Administration also on the agenda, while International Aid and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Katangas City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 66.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Katangasian economy, worth 323 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 216,400 Dollars, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,250,189 per year while the poor average 17,871, a ratio of 70.0 to 1.
Self-driving cars are unpopular due to suspicion that they murder their passengers, tour guides tell passengers that there is beautiful architecture just behind the two-hundred-foot concrete walls, the 3rd Airborne Beekeepers are the most feared regiment in the Katangasian military, and children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Katangas's national animal is the Falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Maximism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Katangas's influence in Brave New World fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Katangas's influence in Brave New World rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Katangas's influence in Brave New World rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Katangas's influence in Brave New World rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Katangas's influence in Brave New World rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Katangas's influence in Brave New World rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Katangas was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Katangas's influence in Brave New World rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Following new legislation in Katangas, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces.
- : Katangas was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative.
Endorsements Received: None.