The United Socialist States of Katyunon is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its smutty television, state-planned economy, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 390 million Katyunonians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marxgrad. The average income tax rate is 79.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Katyunonian economy, worth 25.8 trillion Klars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 66,114 Klars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Board shorts have replaced board rooms, interest in globalism never flags, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, and there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Katyunon's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Katyunon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Katyunon, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates.
- : Following new legislation in Katyunon, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- : Following new legislation in Katyunon, interest in globalism never flags.
- : Following new legislation in Katyunon, board shorts have replaced board rooms.
- : Following new legislation in Katyunon, sex changes are routinely performed at Katyunon's hospitals.
- : Katyunon was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Katyunon was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Nevertopia.
- : Following new legislation in Katyunon, the government regularly publishes lengthy reports on its own excessive recordkeeping.
- : Following new legislation in Katyunon, the voyages of obsolete star-trekking satellites on deliberate escape orbits are only just beginning.
Endorsements Received: 27 » New Bradenia Ghost, VW53Aland, New Dudley, H-Zhena, Brotherland, Dragons Blood, Zukchiva, Todd McCloud, Libertanny, Asendavia, Verrentia, Lingu, The Three States of Fortuna, Chalan, Didusland, The Eternal Land of Jong, Oofery, Modra, Evrigenis, Wiranath, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, The Atlae Isles, A mean old man, Mays Austrian Nation, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, BuciLand, and Nevertopia.