|Leader||High Overseer Xel|
The Dictatorship of Kavel is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by High Overseer Xel with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, digital currency, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cynical population of 1.531 billion Kavelians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government is primarily concerned with Education, with Administration, Environment, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Delsiir. The average income tax rate is 92.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kavelian economy, worth 204 trillion skinks a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 133,586 skinks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Street crime is on the rise as police officers spend most of their time in prisons, people who have had childhood imaginary friends are told they can't ever be trusted with guns, romantic sunsets are no longer interrupted by explosions and monstrous roars, and workers of "fairweather faith" claim six months of paid leave for holy days per year. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kavel's national animal is the skink, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kavel was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Following new legislation in Kavel, workers of "fairweather faith" claim six months of paid leave for holy days per year.
- : Following new legislation in Kavel, romantic sunsets are no longer interrupted by explosions and monstrous roars.
- : Following new legislation in Kavel, people who have had childhood imaginary friends are told they can't ever be trusted with guns.
- : Kavel was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Coruh.
- : Kavel was endorsed by The Free Land of Santa Dystopia.
- : Following new legislation in Kavel, street crime is on the rise as police officers spend most of their time in prisons.
- : Following new legislation in Kavel, invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days.
- : Following new legislation in Kavel, popular cartoon characters frequently appear in government-sponsored PSAs reminding students to say no to drugs.
- : Following new legislation in Kavel, the weather report is the prisoners' favourite programme.
Endorsements Received: 50 » Wiranath, Marrabuk, Axdel, Brotherland, BearStackof2015, H-Zhena, Roliganistan, Rhealaliit, Dragons Blood, Stellar Colonies, Kangarawa, VW53Aland, Someseni, Am Echad, Evrigenis, Modra, Liberstankonia, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Pakitsk, Libertanny, Ridann, Asendavia, Todd McCloud, The Three States of Fortuna, The Eternal Land of Jong, Lingu, Ripsylvania, Peoples Republic of GG, Tretrid, Aivintis, Virgoliaendorses, Jakubonia, Oofery, Staynes, Raunch, Didusland, Fuflix workers union, East Malaysia, Technocratic Tagalog, Mays Austrian Nation, Rainbow Vests, Talitoa, The Atlae Isles, A mean old man, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, BuciLand, Filipopol, Santa Dystopia, and Coruh.