The Commonwealths of Kaystein is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Fayre with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, ubiquitous missile silos, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, devout population of 1.601 billion Kaysteinese have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Administration, and Law & Order are also considered important, while International Aid receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of SalemGate. The average income tax rate is 52.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Kaysteinese economy, worth 210 trillion Quertz Russlings a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 131,727 Quertz Russlings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
One complaint of Kaystein's new periodic table is it's easy to confuse fearlessleaderium with gloriousleaderium, many mayors are barely in office before being kicked out for minor parking violations, nature magazines featuring stick insects on their covers are sometimes mistaken for fashion magazines, and police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kaystein's national animal is the Alstran Lynx, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kaystein, police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints.
- : Following new legislation in Kaystein, nature magazines featuring stick insects on their covers are sometimes mistaken for fashion magazines.
- : Following new legislation in Kaystein, many mayors are barely in office before being kicked out for minor parking violations.
- : Following new legislation in Kaystein, one complaint of Kaystein's new periodic table is it's easy to confuse fearlessleaderium with gloriousleaderium.
- : Following new legislation in Kaystein, agricultural science is the most competitive subject at universities.
- : Kaystein lodged a message on the The Rejected Realms Regional Message Board.
- : Kaystein changed its national demonym to "Kaystein", its demonym adjective to "Kaysteinese", and its demonym plural to "Kaysteinese".
- : Kaystein endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Dotian.
- : Kaystein's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Kaystein endorsed The Dissociative State of Hardscrabble.
Endorsements Received: 16 » Emeseses, Aandruzognivia, The Land of the Dark Immortals, Empire of the alder, Florin, Communism is key 9, Kyorgia, Arachkya, Aqueira, North Comunist Awelanius, The Universe of Shadows, Ancient Republics, Pakya, Ubermericus, Stantal, and Hardscrabble.