|Leader||Calvin the I|
The Republic of Kerlington is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Calvin the I with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, state-planned economy, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate population of 4.666 billion K-tons are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Industry, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dmoretsky-Kerlington City. The average income tax rate is 74.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Kerlingtonian economy, worth 486 trillion Karubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 104,250 Karubles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Farting etiquette is taught in schools, exceptionally talented workers are praised more than Revolutionary heroes, aeroplane cockpits no longer have altimeters or airspeed indicators, and students consistently complain that the wi-fi ate their homework. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kerlington's national animal is the Elephant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kerlington's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Kerlington's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Kerlington changed its national leader to "Calvin the I".
- : Kerlington relocated from Osiris to The East Pacific.
- : Kerlington was refounded in Osiris.
- : Kerlington ceased to exist in The Rejected Realms.
- : Kerlington's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Kerlington's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Kerlington resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Kerlington relocated from Warzone PacificCon to The Rejected Realms.